luni, 26 februarie 2018

Emilie Unternehr: I met some Moldovan friends and I really like them

Today, I want to present you an interview with Emilie Unternehr from France. She is a voluntary in Moldova for three months. Her impression about Moldova, food and place to visit you will find out if you will read the interview.
Daniela Gorincioi: How did you decide to come to Moldova?
m
Map of Moldova
Emilie Unternehr: I didn’t really plan it actually. I spent one year in Canada and I wanted to keep traveling and discover a new country. I knew about European Voluntary Service (EVS), I thought it would be nice to be a volunteer for one year and live abroad at the same time. EVS is only available in Europe but I didn’t want to go in a country too close to France, so Eastern Europe seemed to be a good idea, I had never been in this area before. That’s why I applied for EVS in Moldova.
DG: Did you have any doubts before heading for Moldova? And what was that?
EU: They weren’t really doubts, but I had some questions for sure. I was used to live in rich countries and everything has always been kind of easy for me, so I was wondering how life really was in a country like Moldova, where people are struggling with some problems that I have never known. Also, I was curious about life after USSR, I wondered if people were pro-Russia or not, what they thought about Soviet Union.
DG: How long will you be in Chisinau?
EM: I’m supposed to stay for one year and I’ve been here since 3 months already.
DG: You have some time since you are in Chisinau, the capital of Moldova, which has attracted your attention in the city?
EU: The first thing that surprised me was the number of parks and small forests in the city, I wasn’t expecting that and I loved it, especially during the summer, it’s nice to see some green. I visited lots of places in Chisinau, I like the Ethnographic Museum, especially for the traditonal outfits that I love, I like spending some time in the parks as I said before. Also, one of my Moldovan friends showed me the Chamomille tower, I love going there, on the balcony of the last floor and enjoying the view.
DG: What do you think about the architecture of Chisinau?
EU: Well, I don’t know anything about architecture but for sure, I recognize the Soviet architecture, which is not really nice. Everything is kind of gray, old, and gives the feeling that everything is sad.
DG: What impressions do you have of the life here ? What have you been doing since time ?
EU: There are certains things I like, and certain things I don’t. The city is quite nice, thanks to the parks, and it’s a small city so it’s easy to know it. I live in Ciocana and I really like this neibourhood cause it’s quiet and I have the parc on one side and the fields on the other. Transport is a real problem here, buses are always crowded and lots of them are old. The constant pollution is a real trouble for me too, the air we breathe is really bad and I can feel it.
As I said, I’m here since 3 months so I had the time to visit some places in Moldova but in Ukraine and Romania too. But when I’m not traveling I’m just enjoying life like I would do anywhere around the world : reading books, watching movies and tvshow, spending time with friends.
DG: I’m sure you’ve time to make friends with people here. What do you think of the people here, customs and traditions of Moldova ?
EU: Sure, I met some Moldovan friends and I really like them, I’ll miss them when I’ll come back to France. Like everywhere in the world, it depends of people, some are great, others are not. I could say that usually people are really nice and friendly here. Sometimes I have the feeling that people are unpolite but I guess it’s just that we have different cultures.
DG: During your stay here, I’m sure you’ve informed yourself about culture, traditional food and places to see. What do you think about Moldova?
EU: I sure love placinta and mamaliga ! The food here is great. As I said earlier, I love the traditional outfits, I love those colors and patterns.
DG: What places in Moldova did you visit and what is your impressions ?
EU: I visited several places : Orhei Vechi, Transnistria, Soroca and Asconi Winnery. I enjoyed all of these places, they were beautiful and interesting.
DG: What do you think about Moldovan’s wines?
EU: I don’t like wine so I’m not the right person to ask!
DG: What traditional dishes have you eaten and liked?
EU: As I said earlier, I love plăcintă cu cartofi or with brînză and mămăligă.
placinta
Plăcintă – traditional food of Moldova

mamaliga
Mămăliga

Source of the first image: http://www.bestcountryreports.com
Source of the second and third image: ciupi.md, moldovenii.md

Niciun comentariu:

Trimiteți un comentariu